Friday, October 7, 2011

So surreal - 12wks 1d

Week 12 day 1-official

Today was my second MD appointment at Dr. M. We're suppose to hear the heartbeat for the first time. P came along again because my appt was @2:45, so hopefully we can head straight home after. I know they listen to the heartbeat first, and if they can't find it, then I get my chance to finally have an ultrasound done. I've been so curious to see what's going on and if he's ok with all the cramps and pain I've been feeling lately. MD M. Was out today so we were scheduled to see the P.A. Wait was long and my patience was thinning. All I can think about was seeing it. After 20 mins, the wait was finally over. She ran the device all around to hear for the beat, and nothing. All i hear was interference. I then started to worry, but she calmed me by saying it may just be that the placenta wall was too thick. At one point I thought I heard it, but mistaken it for mine. She finally gave up and called for reinforcements. I was finally going to get my ultrasound done.

After another 15 minutes wait, I was finally called into the room. The wait got me so worried, I started to talk to the lil guy and prayed for him to give me a sign that he was o.k. Well, he gave a sign all right. There he was, head, feet, and arms. It was so surreal. I was shocked, speechless, dumbfounded, excited and giddy all at once. He kept moving around and jumping around rythmetically the Technician said it seems as though he got the hiccups. Which got me worried and had to ask if he was o.k??? He's just really active. He was quickly moving his arms and feet, I was blown away of how developed he already was! P was quite blown away as well. OMG! It's so surreal! Even now I can't stop looking at the picture and replaying that moment, that feeling all over again. I'm so glad you're alive and kicking! He was beating about 1540hbm. He was 5.53cm long (head to butt), so I was officially at 12 weeks, 1 day, which is 2days further than what was charted. Due date is actually 4/19.

P just scanned the pics so I can start gathering for the scrap book. I have another appt on Monday for the perinatal screening. Hopefully all goes well there. Again P will be there since it's another p.m. Appt. I already sent MMS of the pic to my friends and family. Unbelieveable. It's really happening.....

By the way, I brought down last week and finally gone to pea and the pod for jeans....now that was an experience in itself! I've gained 10 ibs already! Not a good sign. P already said I have a rounder face! Damn the carbs! Unfortunately the nausea is keeping me from fried foods (veggie oil/corn oil), beef, pork, onions and garlic. The heartburn is keeping me from the spicy foods, citrus, cheese, and anything soaking in oil. Basically been living off bread, cereal, apples, grapes, chicken, and basically anything bland. Quite sad. My cheese crave was 2weeks over and now I'm sick of the bun Mai sandwiches I've been eating for lunch 2 weeks straight. I know I need to eat more salads, but the gas and bloating is killing me! I can't even recognize my body! All my dresses and winter coats that I thought I can continue wearing, I can't. Surprisingly, I'm not too keen about getting bigger up top.

No comments:

Post a Comment