Monday, October 10, 2011

April 15th???

Today was my first trimester integrated screening. I had the NT ultrasound done and resulted with a low percentile for down syndrome, but depending on what my blood work results, I won't know for sure until another week. This time baby C was lounging with not much movement. His heartbeat was about 153bpm, which was good. We received more pictures on a CD. Saw his arms, legs, skeletal outline, and his brain, which was cool. Again, I was mesmerized and speechless as the procedure was being done. All i can do was stare at baby C. The funny thing is that this time the measurement again resulted to a more earlier date of April 15th. I guess it's just meant to be an April baby since it's getting earlier and earlier by the minute. I'm noticing I'm getting more and more protective by the minute. I keep asking myself would it really matter if the baby is not a he, but instead a she? Would I be o.k. With that? I've been surfing the net and trying all sorts of quizzes and old wives tales to see if I can find out, but I kept resulting with a split decision. But replaying the ultrasound image in my head, all I hope is for it to be happy and healthy. I'll feel I'll love you either way. So is this what they mean about maternal love and bond?

No comments:

Post a Comment